Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tutu be continued


TuTu Wreaths are FUN! (and tutu easy)
I took a few pics while making this fun pink and green wreath yesterday.  Hopefully you will all be inspired and have pouffy tutus hanging around your house.  

I started with tulle, not the kind on the bolt but the kind on a roll.  I would imagine that tulle on the bolt would more than likely be cheaper but I wasn't into the idea of cutting it into strips.  I was able to get the tulle on a roll at HL on sale and in lots of fun colors.  I picked 3 different shades of pink and 2 shades of green for a soft predominately pink wreath.  I chose a wire wreath form mostly because it was light and on sale.  I've used foam and even a old school wooden embroidery hoop and they all work fine so use what you have.  I picked a 6 different coordinating ribbon but don't stress over that, its totally optional.

I cut the tulle into 6" strips and created small bundles.  I then cut an additional piece of tulle approx 8" long and tied it around the wreath form with a half knot.  
I placed the bundle of tulle on top of the half knot and tied the bundle in place with an another half knot.
Tie the bundle tightly and fluff up the tulle.
Push the completed bundle next to its neighbor and continue adding until you reach desired puffiness.
I filled the entire wreath form with bundles.  How many?  You just have to see how much pouf you like.  I added in some random bundles that were created from 3 strips of ribbon and tied on with a piece of tulle.  Thats it!  Its fabulous!  Go get your tulle and make one :)
Peace, love and tulle

No comments:

Post a Comment