Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Paper piecing tutorial....better late than never!

The holidays are over and things are simmering down a bit. I feel like a human garbage can....ugh. I went to the gym this morning and felt every bite of holiday food. Anyway....

So a dear friend of mine had asked me about some paper piecing I had done and I thought I'd do a little tutorial. I'm using this ah-door-ah-bull stamp from The Greeting Farm. I stamped her on white card stock for my base and then stamped her dress on pink designer paper and I stamped the puppy again on a seperate piece of white cardstock. I cut out the dress and colored the belt. I colored the puppy with my Copic markers then cut him out. I colored my base stamp with my Copics and then glued my print dress onto the base with a glue pen. I then used foam pop dots to attach my puppy to the base being careful to line up his leash. I added an earring and a diamond tag for the pup. I adore the dimension.

4 comments:

  1. This is soooo adorable! What a super cute idea! Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea...
    A very good tutorial! I understood every step and am anxious to try it myself. I just love the coloring. I think that I might like to try using these markers too. Hearfelt thanks for taking the time to post this delightful card and instructions. I appreciate it so much!

    Hugs,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are right, that stamp is just adorable! I cannot believe that you cut those tiny pieces out by hand and have such perfect placement so everything lines up.

    Love this card!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny ,(in a nice way)its brilliant the way you have it done ,im still smiling.Thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete